Dental implants offer a long-term tooth replacement for adults dealing with tooth loss.
Are you an adult who is missing one or more teeth? If so, then chances are good that you could be a candidate for dental implants. Our Waukesha, WI, dentist Dr. James Murphy has helped countless patients restore their smiles after tooth loss with the next best thing to real teeth.
Now that we know that you are dealing with tooth loss here are some questions to consider,
- Do I want a restoration that could last me the rest of my life?
- Am I comfortable undergoing minor surgery to get a dental implant?
- Do I want to replace current bridges or dentures with something more long-term?
- Do I want to be able to eat whatever I want without worrying about my teeth?
If you said “yes” then dental implants may be the right option for you. After all, here are some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy when you get dental implants here in Waukesha, WI,
- A long-term tooth that could last decades
- A false tooth that mimics the function, feel and appearance of a real tooth
- A restoration that prevents bone loss, and supports a healthy jawbone and the muscles of the face
- Gaps between teeth are filled to prevent natural teeth from shifting into these gaps
- Eat what you want and speak confidently without worrying about teeth moving or shifting around
Most healthy adults are ideal candidates for dental implants; however, our Waukesha, WI, family dentist will need to examine your mouth and take X-rays to make sure that the jawbone is strong enough to support the implant. Even if there is significant bone loss this doesn’t necessarily mean that you aren’t a good candidate for implants, we may just need to perform bone grafting prior to placing the implants.
Factors that will determine your candidacy for dental implants include,
- Your oral and general health
- Your lifestyle
- Your habits
- Your oral hygiene
- Your age
Are you ready to sit down with your dentist here in Waukesha, WI, to find out whether dental implants are right for you? The sooner you treat your tooth loss the better for the long-term health of your smile. To schedule a consultation, contact Proven Dental at (262) 650-3000.